What's for lunch today? A variation on yesterday's theme of broccoli chicken salad. Today I made lunch using a healthy combination of chicken, barley and broccoli coated with a delicous dressing of tahini, yogurt and lemon. Yummy!
Tahini lemon chicken salad with broccoli
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked barley
- 1 cup blanched broccoli, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- juice from 1/4 of a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the broccoli: this means to cook until bright green and softened, but still with some crunch. See yesterday's posting for details!
- While the broccoli is cooking, dice the bell pepper. Toss the chicken, bell pepper, yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper in your lunch container.
- When the broccoli is cooled, add to your salad and toss to coat. Enjoy!
This recipe is easy to double or triple!