Are you heading back to school? Or in need of something new in your lunch bag? Try this tex-mex twist on egg salad. The avocado lends interesting flavor and heart-healthy fats.
Avocado egg salad
|Avocado Egg Salad|
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 medium hass avocado
- 2 tbsp fat free plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of hot sauce
- Cumin (optional)
- Cook eggs; directions for hard boiling eggs can be found here.
- Chop eggs or smash with a potato masher. If you have kiddos, they would love to help with this step.
- Cut avocado around pit and scoop out fruit with a spoon. Add to chopped eggs and stir together.
- Add everything else and stir well.
- Serve on bread, with crackers, as a dip for veggies or on top of a bed of lettuce.
|Gather your ingredients|
|Chop (or smash) eggs and add avocado|
|Add yogurt and seasonings|
Like what you're reading? Feel free to share this article on facebook and twitter using the buttons below. You can also like me on facebook and follow my twitter feed:
Thank you for visiting my blog!