Back to work or back to school? Does your lunchbox need some inspiration? Or are you spending too much money eating out? Here is one quick sandwich filling that is nutritious and delicious and will keep you energized until dinner. The filling isn't too soupy, so it won't make bread mushy.
Curried chickpea sandwich filling
- 1 16-ounce can garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup minced onion (green onion or chives would also be good in this filling)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and toss into a mixing bowl. Add yogurt, lemon juice and olive oil and smash using a potato masher or the back of a mixing spoon
- Add diced veggies and seasonings; taste, and see if they are just right. If not, add a bit more!
- To serve, tuck into a whole grain pita, wrap in a small, whole grain tortilla, scoop onto a bed of leafy greens or dip into with some whole grain crackers.
|Gather your ingredients|
|Smash chickpeas with a potato masher|
|Add seasonings and diced veggies|
Like what you're reading? Feel free to share this article on facebook and twitter using the buttons below. You can also like me on facebook and follow my twitter feed:
Thank you for visiting my blog!