Eggplant Mini Pizzas
- 1 large eggplant
- low-sodium pizza sauce (or tomato sauce)
- olive oil
- crushed garlic
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- your favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices. Keep this skin; it is loaded with fiber and other lovely nutrients.
- Place slices on cookie sheet and brush both sides with olive oil. Add a bit of crushed garlic and dried oregano for a flavor boost.
- Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes total, flipping eggplant half-way through. The eggplant should be soft when poked with a fork and lightly browned.
- Remove pan from the oven and top with tomato sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. Pop back into the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
|Seasoned with garlic and oregano!|
Reader poll: What are your favorite pizza toppings?