It can be tricky to cook for one when many recipe are for a family of 4-6. Here is a great recipe for a hearty, fast meal that is just as good for dinner as it is for breakfast. The veggies are flexible - use whatever are your favorites and is in season. Broccoli, spinach, asparagus, peppers and eggplant are all delicious choices.
· 2 whole eggs
· ¼ cup 2% milk
· 1 slice whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces
· ¼ cup swiss cheese, shredded
· ¼ cup diced onions (frozen is easiest)
· ¼ cup diced yellow squash
· 1 pinch each of garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper
· Salt + pepper, to taste
1. Spray an oven-safe glass dish with non-stick cooking spray and preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add veggies, cheese and bread and toss to coat.
3. Pour into prepared dish and bake for about 25 minutes, or until top is browned and knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Note: This recipe is flexible – feel free to change the vegetables to what you have on hand. It is also easily doubled (or quadrupled) to serve more people.