This would be filling on its own, but for dinner, I also had some salmon on the grill and some strawberries on the side. Yum!
Gluten free? Try this with rice or quinoa.
Grilled Veggie + Pesto Pasta Salad
- 2 medium summer squash, cut into quarters, length-wise (one yellow, one zucchini for beauty)
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 6 or 8 strips
- 8 ounces dry whole-grain pasta
- 1 cup pesto
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- olive oil
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, brush veggies with olive oil and then grill veggies outside on your grill or inside on a grill pan until tender, but not mushy. When cooled enough to handle, dice veggies.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, pesto, beans, veggies and cheese. Toss to coat, season with salt and pepper and enjoy! Good warm or chilled.