Don't be afraid of the fat - our bodies need fat and it is how we absorb some of our nutrients, like vitamin A!
Taj Mahal Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons milk or half and half, or your preferred milk
- Cook sweet potatoes. This can be accomplished in the microwave in about ten minutes, in a 350 oven for about an hour or in your slow cooker, on low, while you're at work. Your call.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Add onions, carrots, spices and cook 5-10 minutes or until soft. Add peas and cook until they're heated through.
- While veggies are cooking, slice potatoes in half and scoop out most of the middle, leaving enough that the potato can still hold its own shape. Put the scooped out part in a bowl, add milk, and mash with a spoon.
- When the veggies are ready, add them to the bowl of mashed potato and stir until evenly distributed. Divide the mixture between the sweet potato halves and serve.