Need something gluten free? OK!
Trying to use up zucchini from your garden? This is the perfect recipe for you!
Hearty and filling - this recipe will warm your belly!
Grilled Zucchini lasagna
- 3 medium zucchini or yellow squash, sliced 1/8" thick
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (or two teaspoons dried)
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 16 oz part-skin mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs - local and grass fed is best
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce - look for low sodium + low sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut the ends from your summer squash and slice thinly using a sharp knife of a mandoline. Brush with a small amount of vegetable oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- On a preheated grill pan or outside on your own BBQ, cook both sides of the zucchini until wilted and has grill marks. Set aside and finish grilling each slice.
- Meanwhile, mix ricotta, half of mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of prepared 9X13 pan or large casserole dish. Layer 1/3 of the zucchini "noodles", half of the cheese mixture, 1/3 of the noodles, and the rest of the zucchini. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with reserved mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes covered at, then uncovered 15 minutes. Let stand about 5 - 10 minutes before serving.