I am also working on minimizing the processed foods in my day to day diet and to focus on "real" food. I created a 21-Days of Real Food Challenge that empowers participants to weed the non-foods out of their diet as well.
Finally - I want to learn to eat (and love) small fishes like sardines - they're healthy, they're sustainable and they're affordable. But I don't know what to do with them!
This challenge snuck up on me. I would have loved to have created a whole wheat crust from scratch and wowed everyone with the beautiful photography and inspired them to create their own at home. And then I realized - I'm not the only one who is busy!
How can I make a pizza that meets my real food guidelines, tastes good, and is ready fast? I use an Ezekiel brand English muffin and have everything ready in a flash! Sardines are available packed in tomato sauce and flavored with garlic. Perfect for pizza!
Real Food English Muffin Pizza (in a flash!)
- 1 Ezekial Brand English Muffin (found in the freezer)
- Half of 1 small can sardines in tomato sauce
- grated cheese - I used sharp cheddar
- pinch dried basil
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw and split English muffin. Spread small pieces of sardines onto each muffin half and drizzle with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and dried basil. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until hot and bubbly!