I recently purchased the Garmin Forerunner 10 as a motivational tool to keep me running. I have
never been a runner before, having trouble completing just one mile, but wanted to make it a summer goal to get myself movin’.
Since purchasing this watch, I have worked my way up to six miles straight. I want to share my opinion of this watch-turned-miracle-worker. I am not being compensated in any way for this review.
Here’s my take:
- Easy to get on and off of my wrist
- Comfortable fit while running
- Large display which makes it easy to read while in motion
- Lots of helpful and easy-to-use features including distance, pace, personalized interval (run/walk) running, virtual pacer, auto pause, personal records, and data saved from past runs
- Easy connection to online analysis of your run including GPS route
- Comes in fun colors—pink, purple, lime green
- A light feature for your night runs
- Displays the date
- Battery life is good—needs to be charged every few days or after a long run
- Somewhat bulky for an everyday type watch
- Can’t display the time while running with the distance/time showing
- Can’t find location indoors—only for outdoor use
- Depending on where you are, sometimes has difficulty finding location
- Remembering to charge the watch
Overall: I really like the product and its motivational aspect. The pros outweigh the cons for me and I will continue to use this watch to improve my running. I would recommend this product.
Guest Blog by Kaitlyn!
Kaitlyn is a senior Nutrition and Dietetics major at Miami University. She is a summer intern for Grass Roots Nutrition and will be co-hosting the -Day Real Food Challenge. She loves finding new, healthy foods to enjoy but her go-to favorite vegetables are mini sweet peppers!