I received free samples of Cabot Cheese mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes.
I was not additionally compensated for my time.
These Broccoli Bites are the perfect hearty appetizer for every party goer tired of raw veggies and dip. The Broccoli Bites are crunchy, nutty and have a surprise center - a cube of delicious Cabot cheddar!
Bake these bites for your next party, game day or as an entree for your next veggie-focused dinner. I'm more of a board game player than sports team watcher, but I am sure that these bites are applicable at all party types. And better yet, they're loved by vegetarians and meat eaters alike!
Cheddar Broccoli Bites
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 4 ounces Cabot cheddar cheese, cut into 16 even cubes
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment (VIP!)
- Steam broccoli florets for 10 minutes or until vibrant green and tender.
- Pulse almonds in food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Pulse steamed broccoli in food processor until chopped. Add to bowl of almonds and add Parmesan, pesto and eggs. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Grab a golfball-sized scoop of the broccoli mixture and form it around one cube of cheddar, squeezing tightly to ensure broccoli mixture holds shape. Place on prepared baking sheet and continue with the remaining broccoli bites.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve plain, or dipped in your favorite warmed spaghetti sauce.