Go through your pantry, cupboards, freezer, or fridge; what ‘treasures’ have you found? Pick an ingredient/spice/condiment that’s been hanging out for a while and give it the attention it needs. Share a healthy recipe made using your new-found pantry prize.
This month's Recipe ReDux challenge was a fun one - what ingredient or project has been lurking in the shadows of your pantry? I had some chia seeds that I had purchased with good intentions only to be shoved behind this and that in my tiny cupboard (someday I'll have a real pantry!).
Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and fun. They quickly thicken liquids and make fun puddings and smoothies.
This whole pudding can be made in a jar - very kid friendly :)
Chocolate peanut butter chia pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (your choice!)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sweetener of your choosing)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Chill in fridge until thickened. Serves two!
Serving suggestions: place a dollop of pudding over sliced bananas for a sweet breakfast or dessert. Feel free to garnish with chopped peanuts and/or chocolate shavings.