"The season of bountiful produce has arrived. Whether your produce comes from the Farmers Market, a CSA share, or a plot of dirt out back, show how you are using fresh July fruits or veggies. And if you have gardening successes – or failures – please share!"
Good quality food tastes better. I think that one reason why Americans tend to use a lot of sauces and condiments is because we start with inferior ingredients.
Tomatoes are a great gate-way produce to high quality, delicious food. There is just no comparing the pinkish softballs sold in January to a tomato plucked from the vine in your backyard or purchased at your favorite farmers market.
When you have produce that is just that good, you don't need to do a lot. This is a favorite summer breakfast of mine. You get great flavor, you are getting veggies in at breakfast, and it is ready super quick. What's not to love?
Of course, you're welcome to try this quick meal anytime of the day :)
Tomatoes + Eggs
- 1 beautiful tomato
- 1-2 eggs, local preferred
- Pinch of fresh herbs (I used basil, oregano and rosemary)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Slice your beautiful plate. Inhale that delicious aroma.
- Preheat your skilled over medium-high heat and drizzle in a bit of olive oil.
- Cook your egg(s) to perfection and slide onto your tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, salt and pepper.